It seems a little strange that I’d write posts about appearances – but my updates are about me being at places, so it does make sense I guess!
I mentioned some of these before (some are old, some new, but just more details for some points)
So, here goes:
From Far Future to Near Future:
1) Terra Firma is coming to the Camden Fringe from August 18th – August 20th, 2014!
For those who don’t know, we staged my full length play Terra Firma as a rehearsed reading at the Etcetera Theatre on the 25th and 26th Feb this year. We got great feedback and it’s given me food for thought on how to improve and develop the play. I will give you more details as they come.
Closer to now:
2) I have started up (ish) a new site for an SF Theatre company – Stars or Mars Theatre, which will be a company dedicated to – you guessed it – Science Fiction! I want this primarily to encourage new writing in the genre and to explore different styles, forms and disciplines! Check it out – developments will be coming soon!
Even closer to now:
3) I’m presenting a paper at Lincoln on the 24th April at their Performing Science Conference, explaining and contrasting the differences between SF Theatre and Science Theatre.
4) I’m presenting a paper at… Stage the Future (26th and 27th April) , which I’m co-organising with Christos Callow Jr. with amazing speakers and presentations. I will also be playing a clip from the first scene of Terra Firma there, which will be nice as part of my documentation! Details can be found here.
5) I’m staging a short play of mine called The Reality Test, where two characters try to make sense of the world they have built around them. Is someone else responsible for time repeating? Is it one of them or are they on a loop? It’s on at the Red Lion Theatre as part of Writers Bloc on the 28th April!
Hit me up for details and hope you’ve all been well!